Are you planning a trip to Gatlinburg and curious about its nightlife scene in Gatlinburg and surrounding areas? Look no further! In this article, we will explore everything you need to know as an adult about the vibrant and exciting nightlife in Gatlinburg. From thrilling live music venues to cozy pubs, we will guide you through the city’s best spots, ensuring that your evenings are filled with fun, laughter, and unforgettable memories. So, put on your dancing shoes and get ready to discover the hidden gems of Gatlinburg’s nightlife!
Nightlife Scene in Gatlinburg -Best Bars in Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg, Tennessee is not only a picturesque mountain town but also a vibrant destination with a lively nightlife scene. Whether you’re a local or just visiting, you’ll find a wide range of bars to suit your tastes. Here are some of the best bars in Gatlinburg that you must check out:
- Landshark Bar & Grill: A tropical-themed restaurant and bar perfect for all ages. It’s located in the heart of Gatlinburg and offers a diverse menu.
- Gatlinburg SkyCenter: Situated in the heart of the Gatlinburg Skylift Park, it offers stunning views along with a variety of drinks and a food menu.
- Cliff Top: Located in Anakeesta, this bar provides breathtaking mountain views and an elevated dining experience with a selection of local craft beers and a full bar.
Live Music Venues
Gatlinburg is not only known for its stunning natural beauty but also for its thriving live music scene. Here are some of the best live music venues in Gatlinburg that are sure to get your feet tapping and your heart racing:
- Ole Red Gatlinburg: This venue, inspired by Blake Shelton’s hit “Ol’ Red,” features a variety of live music performances, ranging from local talents to country music stars. It also includes a full-menu restaurant where you can enjoy a meal while listening to live tunes.
- Anakeesta: This unique outdoor adventure park in Gatlinburg hosts live music performances several days a week. The performances take place at Black Bear Village, which also offers dining options and a firepit area. Admission to Anakeesta includes access to these music events.
- Ole Smoky Moonshine: Known as Tennessee’s first legal moonshine distillery, Ole Smoky Moonshine hosts live bluegrass music every day from noon until dark. You can also tour the distillery and sample various moonshine flavors.
Looking to dance the night away? Gatlinburg has a few dance clubs that are sure to get you moving to the beat. Here are some of the top dance clubs in the area:
- Club 812: Located above Blaine’s, this club is known for its professional DJ and large dance floors. It’s a great spot for those 21 and above, open from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. on weekends.
- Puckers Sports Grill: While primarily a casual bar, Puckers also features a vibrant nightlife scene with live music starting at 9 p.m. It’s a perfect place to enjoy their famous 5lb burger, the Gatlinburger, along with karaoke, darts, and pool.
- Ole Red Gatlinburg: This entertainment venue, inspired by country music star Blake Shelton, not only serves great food and drinks but also features live music and a dance floor every night.
Love singing your heart out? Gatlinburg has some fantastic karaoke bars where you can showcase your vocal talents. Here are a few places to unleash your inner superstar:
- Puckers Sports Bar & Grill: Known for its late-night karaoke and dance floor, this place also serves tasty wings with homemade sauces and a variety of other dishes.
- The Shamrock Lounge: Offers karaoke every night from 8 p.m. to midnight. This pub has a DJ and a fun atmosphere, serving traditional pub food and live music performances.
- Three Jimmy’s: A popular spot for live music, hearty American meals, and karaoke. They host different entertainment events every day of the week, including karaoke nights.
- Crawdaddy’s Restaurant & Oyster Bar: A great spot for classic Cajun dishes and nightly karaoke, with a fantastic atmosphere on their 2nd-floor deck overlooking Gatlinburg Parkway.
Craft Beer Tasting
For beer enthusiasts, Gatlinburg offers several craft breweries where you can sample a variety of unique and flavorful brews. Here are a few breweries that should be on your radar:
- Smoky Mountain Brewery: This laid-back venue combines the feel of a ski lodge with a Bavarian beer hall. It features an enclosed deck with views of the Smoky Mountains, and offers hand-tossed pizzas, signature sandwiches, and burgers along with their delicious microbrewed craft beers.
- Ole Smoky Moonshine Distillery: While primarily known for its moonshine, Ole Smoky also provides an engaging experience with live music performances and a gift shop. They manufacture unique flavors like Maple Cream and Butter Pecan.
- Sugarland Cellars: A winery located in downtown Gatlinburg, Sugarland Cellars offers complimentary wine tastings seven days a week. It’s part of the Rocky Top Wine Trail and partners with local eateries for a delightful tasting experience.
- Gatlinburg Brewing Company: Situated in the heart of the Smoky Mountains, this brewery provides spectacular views and a warm ambiance. They specialize in craft brews and artisan pizza, making it a favorite among locals and tourists.
- Sugarlands Distilling Company: This venue takes you back in time with its barn interior and reclaimed wood. The distillery offers a wide range of moonshine flavors, from apple to butterscotch, and even peppermint.
Wine Bars and Wineries
For wine connoisseurs, Gatlinburg offers a variety of wine bars and wineries where you can savor the flavors of locally produced wines. Here are a few places to indulge in a glass of vino:
- Sugarland Cellars: Offers complimentary wine tastings every day and is part of the Rocky Top Wine Trail. It’s located in downtown Gatlinburg and partners with local eateries.
- Gatlinburg Wine Cellar: Known for unique wines like Birthday Cake and Apple Pie. It’s a relatively new establishment but has already gained popularity for its distinctive offerings.
- Tennessee Homemade Wines: Specializes in fruit wines like strawberry, blackberry, and apple, offering a unique tasting experience that captures local wine culture.
Sports Bars and Pubs
For sports enthusiasts, Gatlinburg has a few sports bars and pubs where you can catch the big game and enjoy some delicious food and drinks. Here are some top spots to cheer on your favorite team:
- Smoky Mountain Brewery: This place combines the ambiance of a ski lodge with a Bavarian beer hall. It’s a popular spot for catching a game and enjoying some great brews while overlooking the beautiful Smoky Mountains.
- Blue Moose Burgers and Wings: A local favorite in Pigeon Forge, Blue Moose is a family sports grill known for its juicy burgers and great atmosphere.
- Buffalo Wild Wings: The Tennessee take on this nationwide classic is not to be missed. Known for its wide range of chicken wing options, it’s a great spot to enjoy beer, football, and wings.
- The Bluff’s: A locally-owned sports bar with plenty of outdoor seating and two full bars. Known as “Sevier County’s game day headquarters”, expect a vibrant atmosphere on big game days.
- Dave and Buster’s: A lively and colorful venue with game cabinets, televisions at every table, and a mix of games, sports, and a variety of food and drink options.
- Shamrock’s Pub: This vibrant bar in Gatlinburg offers cold beer, live music, and karaoke. It’s a favorite among both locals and tourists for its entertaining and welcoming environment.
After a night of exploring the bars and clubs, you’re bound to work up an appetite. Luckily, Gatlinburg has several late-night eateries where you can satisfy your cravings. Here are a few spots to grab a bite to eat in the wee hours of the morning:
- Ole Red Gatlinburg: A restaurant and entertainment venue that stays open late, offering a special late-night menu including items like Hot Chicken Biscuit with Chips and Pickle-and-Bacon Deviled Eggs.
- Blue Moose Burgers & Wings: A family-friendly sports grill open until midnight every day, offering nightly specials from 9 p.m. until close.
- Crawdaddy’s Restaurant & Oyster Bar: Open until 1 a.m. on Friday and Saturday nights, this eatery serves Cajun-style food and features all-ages karaoke.
- Hard Rock Cafe: In Pigeon Forge, open until 11 p.m. Monday through Thursday and Sunday, and until midnight on Friday and Saturday.
- LandShark Bar & Grill: Known for its seafood, burgers, tacos, and famous margaritas, this spot is open late and located in downtown Gatlinburg.
- Loco Burro Fresh Mex Cantina: Offers a rooftop bar open until 1 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays, known for its Mexican cuisine and entertainment.
- Mel’s Diner: A classic 50’s-style diner open until midnight every day, serving burgers and breakfast all day long.
- Puckers Sports Grill: A great place for sports, food, and fun, with a live DJ every night and a menu featuring Jumbo Wings and Tailgate Sampler.
- Sugarlands Distilling Company: Known for a wide range of spirits, including award-winning Roaming Man Tennessee Straight Rye Whiskey and seasonal offerings like Pumpkin Spice Latte Sippin’ Cream. They offer $12 private stillhouse tours and seasonally updated samplings.
- Tennessee Shine Company: Operating since 2015, this distillery respects moonshine’s rebellious history in Appalachia, offering small-batch distilling techniques and family recipes. They provide moonshine tours in Sevierville with free whiskey, moonshine, and wine tastings.
- King’s Family Distillery: Offers a variety of whiskeys, including Apple, Blackberry, and Peach Whiskey. Known for their smooth blends, they serve free samples every day and are open Sunday through Thursday from 10 am to 8 pm, and until 9 pm on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Adventure Distilling Company: Provides a personalized experience with great drinks like Cherry Bounce and live music. Located northeast of Gatlinburg, they also offer adventure tours through the Cherokee National Forest.
- Tennessee Legend Distillery: Offers a range of whiskey, moonshine, spirits, and cream liqueurs, including their award-winning 100 proof White-Lightning Moonshine. While they don’t offer larger tasting tours, you can visit any of their four locations for free sips.
- Shine Girl: Innovated by Danielle Parton, a part of the famous Parton lineage, this distillery offers moonshine with a unique history. They provide an array of spirits, reflecting the family’s tradition in moonshine making.
In conclusion, Gatlinburg offers a diverse and exciting nightlife scene for adults to explore. From the best bars and live music venues to dance clubs and karaoke nights, there are plenty of options for a memorable night out. For beer and wine enthusiasts, Gatlinburg is home to craft breweries, wineries, and wine bars that offer unique and flavorful creations.
Sports bars and late-night eateries ensure that you won’t go hungry or miss out on any game action. And for those seeking a more adult-oriented experience, there are entertainment venues that cater to a variety of preferences. So whether you’re looking for a night of dancing, singing, tasting, or simply enjoying a few drinks, Gatlinburg has something for everyone. Explore the nightlife scene in Gatlinburg and create unforgettable memories in this vibrant mountain town.