Immersing yourself in the lush landscapes of East Tennessee, the Park Vista – a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel – Gatlinburg provides a unique combination of scenic mountain views, comprehensive amenities, and warm hospitality. Situated on the fringe of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, this high-rise hotel and full-service convention center is more than just a place to rest your head. From business conferences to destination weddings and family vacations, this lodge-style hotel extends a heart-warming welcome with a warm, DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie.
Location Of The Park Vista By DoubleTree
As we mentioned already the Park Vista is one of the most prominent hotels in Gatlinburg and one that you will easily locate. However, just because we say that and know where it is located you should know more about the exact location to ensure you do not get lost.
705 Cherokee Orchard Rd.
Gatlinburg, TN 37738
To reach The Park Vista, you will find the easiest way is to go into town and past the aquarium. Once you have passed the aquarium you are going to want to look for Historic Motor Nature Trail road. This is a road that is going to go off to the left. You will take this to the top of the hill and then you will see an area that is mentioning the road is going to become a one way. Before you go onto the one way you will see a drive shooting off to the left and this is the road that will take you up to the Park Vista.
Design and Quality
The architectural design of Park Vista harmoniously blends with the majestic surroundings. Its towering structure stands as a contemporary testament amid the wild beauty of the Great Smoky Mountains. The hotel features over 25,000 sq. ft. of flexible meeting and banquet space, including an exhibit hall, conference rooms, executive boardrooms, and a grand ballroom.
In terms of quality, the Park Vista doesn’t disappoint. From the moment you step into the soaring atrium lobby, the meticulous attention to detail becomes evident. Whether it’s enjoying your favorite drink beside the fireplace in Firefly’s Patio Lounge, or keeping the kids entertained with the game arcade and outdoor playground, the hotel ensures a quality experience for everyone.
Key Features and Functionality
Boasting an array of top-notch amenities, the Park Vista’s service is second to none. From the free parking to complimentary internet, the hotel ensures your stay is smooth and hassle-free. Fitness enthusiasts can take advantage of the fully-equipped gym, while those looking to unwind can immerse themselves in the indoor heated pool, complete with a view and pool/beach towels. The property is also pet-friendly, so your furry friends won’t have to miss out on the fun.
For corporate travelers, the business center with internet access and the availability of meeting rooms ensure productivity doesn’t take a backseat. Meanwhile, foodies can indulge in a range of culinary delights offered by the in-house restaurant, and the breakfast buffet and room service mean you can savor your meals as per your convenience.
The room features air conditioning, a private balcony, a safe, a refrigerator, a flat-screen TV, and a wake-up service/alarm clock. The hotel also offers various room types such as non-smoking rooms, suites, and family rooms.
Comparison with Similar Hotels
While there are several hotels in Gatlinburg, few can match the combined allure of the Park Vista’s location, services, and ambiance. Unlike other hotels, the Park Vista offers a one-of-a-kind experience, blurring the lines between the comforts of modern living and the raw beauty of nature.
Pros and Cons
- Sweeping views of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Variety of amenities such as a heated indoor pool, fitness center, game room, and ski facility
- Availability of different types of rooms
- Excellent location with convenient access to highways, nearby airport and amazing views
- Some guests found the rooms to be smaller than expected
- Some complaints about temperature control in the swimming pool and hot tub
Better than Other Products
The Park Vista’s superior offerings make it stand out from the crowd. From the breathtaking mountain views to the versatile spaces for events and the range of room options, this hotel is designed to cater to various needs. Its strategic location near the airport and major highways further accentuates its appeal.
User Experiences and Testimonials
Online reviews reveal mixed but overall positive feedback from guests. Kaylyn B expressed disappointment regarding the room size and pool water temperature but appreciated the trolley service. Carley O had a memorable stay, praising the breakfast buffet, room views, and hotel’s architectural design. Michelle found the upgrade to a higher floor with city views worthwhile and enjoyed the unique pool area. Jeremy C was impressed by the stunning scenery and the attentive hotel staff. However, jmgagner34 found the hotel in need of an update and reported cleanliness issues.
Tips and Tricks for Users
To make the most out of your stay, consider these tips:
- Opt for a higher floor if possible; the views are well worth the extra cost.
- If you’re traveling with your family, take advantage of the game arcade and outdoor playground to keep the kids entertained.
- Make use of the free trolley service to navigate around Gatlinburg, which can save you parking fees.
When you want to explore the local dining scene, here are a few nearby restaurants:
- The Peddler Steakhouse: A riverside restaurant offering juicy steaks, fresh salad bar, and a selection of wines.
- Pancake Pantry: A traditional American diner serving an array of pancakes, crepes, and other breakfast specialties.
- The Park Grill: Offering mountain trout, prime rib, and moonshine chicken in a log cabin-style environment.
Take some time to explore these nearby attractions:
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park: A must-visit for nature lovers with hiking trails, waterfalls, and breathtaking scenery.
- Gatlinburg SkyLift Park: Offers the best views of the Smokies, a scenic chairlift ride, and a chance to walk across the longest pedestrian suspension bridge in North America.
- Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies: An engaging attraction featuring aquatic exhibits, interactive experiences, and a variety of marine life.
Is the pool heated in winter?
The pool area is heated, but the water itself is not warm.
Is smoking allowed on the balcony?
It’s best to check with the hotel directly about their smoking policies.
Is there a guest laundry room at the hotel?
Yes, a guest laundry room is available and is open 24/7.
What is your pet policy?
The hotel is pet-friendly, but it’s always a good idea to confirm with the hotel about any specific requirements or restrictions they might have.
The Park Vista – a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel – Gatlinburg is more than just a place to stay; it’s a destination in itself. With its combination of scenic views, modern amenities, and impeccable service, it promises a memorable stay for leisure and business travelers alike. However, keep in mind the mixed reviews about room size and temperature control in the pool area. If you appreciate nature’s grandeur and seek a comfortable, feature-packed accommodation in Gatlinburg, the Park Vista could well be your ideal choice.
If the Park Vista does not suit you, then you should check out our other Gatlinburg hotels.